FAQ About Cleansing
Seasonal cleansing has many benefits. In addition, cleansing can help you detoxify your body after times of excess, such as a weekend of drinking or to help you rid that unwanted holiday weight gain. Embarking on a juice cleanse can also help you pave the way towards cleaner eating and start off on the right foot as you prepare for a wedding, countdown to a vacation or even get ready for a class reunion. Think of your cleanse with us as the finest tune-up you can get.
Preparing your body 3-4 days before your juice cleanse is VERY important! It can make the days that you’re juicing a much more positive experience which will leave you feeling energized and balanced. Some people make the mistake of overeating before trying their first juice cleanse which can only make you feel hungrier, frustrated and even deprived. Think of your juicing journey as more of a whole week of honoring your temple and fueling your body with living foods from the earth.
- Write down your goals of doing this juice cleanse and post it for motivation and positive energy as you prepare. Increase your water intake. The amount you should drink depends on individual factors such as height, weight and activity levels, but the best way to tell if you’re hydrated enough is by the color of your urine: it should be clear.
- Eat clean by filling your plate with mostly vegetables, fruits and lean proteins such as chicken and fish. Stop eating before you feel full and avoid eating too close to bedtime.
- Eliminate processed sugars, artificial sugars, red meat, dairy, alcohol, soda, flour and salt. Your body is getting ready to take a much needed break from these highly acidic foods so start laying the groundwork before you begin your cleanse by removing them from your diet now.
- Decrease caffeine intake, but do it gradually to lessen the detox symptoms. Breaking the addiction of caffeine is a freeing experience which will leave you healthier, happier and even sleeping better.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a night and manage stress through meditation, massage, acupuncture and/or exercise.
- Preparing with the tips above will set you up for success and allow better absorption of the wonderful, fresh-pressed juices you will be enjoying!
Whether you choose a one-day, two-day, or three-day cleanse, you’re giving your body a chance to heal itself and regain balance, so slow down. Be mindful of when you get hungry and work through those feelings practicing gratitude.
- Once you receive your juices, remove them from the cold-packed box/bag and place them into the refrigerator as soon as possible to keep them fresh.
- Keep cold packs ready to go in the freezer to make traveling and commuting quick and easy; just place the juices in your LizzyJays cooler bag and go!
- Drink your juices in order from 1-6 each day. Start your first juice around the time you would normally eat breakfast then drink the following five juices approximately two hours apart throughout the day.
- You can absolutely exercise during your cleanse. We often recommend replacing intense cardio or lifting session with restorative yoga, a long walk or any activity that brings you positive energy!
- Skip your regular dose of caffeine during your cleanse. Instead enjoy, herbal tea or warm water with lemon. If you experience uncomfortable withdrawal from the caffeine then just take a few sips and move along!
- A cleanse doesn’t have to be all juice all the time. To accommodate higher activity levels, you can also include a light amount of alkalizing, cleanse-friendly and easily digestible foods. These are also known as quick exit foods and include lightly steamed or raw vegetables, fruit, fish, eggs and avocado.
- Listen to your body and enjoy the journey as you experience new, healthy habits.
Congratulations! You’ve completed your juice cleanse and you’re feeling amazing! Now is the time to gradually return to eating solid foods by following a diet similar to your pre-cleanse diet. Remember, your digestive system has been detoxified and needs a gentle wake-up. Keep portions small and make the transition back to solids over the course of a week rather than jumping right back into your old-way of eating. The days following your juice cleanse should not be seen as a chance to gorge, but as an opportunity to continue your detoxification process. Also, remember to stay hydrated to avoid constipation and flush toxins out of the body. Choosing a green-a-day is a reliable way of infusing your body with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that keeps your body alkalized to protect your cells against disease. Make juicing a part of your daily routine to maximize health, energy, productivity and longevity. Select from our full line of , fresh-pressed juices to create your own daily menu today.SHOP CLEANSES
If you take a few moments to think about the foods you consume on a daily basis, the environment in which you live and work, and even the air that you breathe, it can be a little daunting. No one is perfect, and while our bodies are incredibly resilient, toxicity manifests in a wide array of health conditions, which includes everything from weight gain, fatigue, aches and allergies to chronic illness and disease.
One of the biggest misconceptions is that only fast-food junkies are in need of detoxifying their systems. But the truth is, even those of us who keep clean diets filled with whole foods need to give our digestive system a break. Every time you eat, it takes 18 hours before your body eliminates that one meal. The more unnatural, processed “foods” we feed our body, the less our body is actually able eliminate, leaving toxic residue inside each of our systems that needs to be cleared out. Juice cleansing is an optimal way to give our bodies a deserved break, while also maintaining energy levels and staying nutritionally satisfied. Raw, fruit and vegetable juice provides vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and phyto-nutrients which are easily assimilated straight into the bloodstream, simultaneously hydrating our bodies with the pure water that comes straight from the plants. This water contains elements absorbed directly from the earth and sun and energizes our systems in a most unique and important way.
Research shows that unless the body’s pH level is slightly alkaline, it cannot heal itself or effectively absorb vitamins and minerals. When we consume processed foods, alcohol, coffee, sugar, etc., we create an acidic environment in our bodies. This acidic environment is a breeding ground for cancer-cells and other disease causing agents. Cleansing boosts the oxygen levels in the blood and helps balance our pH levels.
Your immune system and health depend on a healthy elimination of toxins from your body to prevent illnesses. Studies show that over 90% of diseases can be attributed directly or indirectly to an unhealthy digestive system. Through cleansing, your body’s organs can remove some of the acidic sludge and toxins.
Free up extra energy in your body to focus on deep inner healing and nurturing. At LizzyJays we believe that there are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey, as long as you have a healthy vehicle that functions at its optimal level. Think of your cleanse with us as the finest tune-up you can get. Expect to complete your cleanse feeling clear, optimistic and rejuvenated on the inside, and radiant and lean on the outside.
Cleansing, if done properly, can help reverse physical imbalances and excess weight caused by accumulation of toxic materials that the body simply cannot metabolize. In our culture, the way we typically eat, drink and medicate causes waste to accumulate and settle very deeply in the cells over decades. A cleanse can help remove this accumulation and open up vital pathways to restore that natural alkaline balance that promotes health and well-being.